Inbev is an affiliate of the Belgian-Brazilian brewery group Anheuser-Busch InBev, the most important brewery in the world regarding its brewed beer volume. It represents by it-self approximately 14% of market shares, and a production of 246,3 millions hectoliters of beer (Stella Artois, Budweiser, Beck’s, Jupiler, Leffe, Hoegaarden, etc.) and 25 millions hectoliters of lemonades. The group employs around 86 000 persons around the world. The headquarter is located in Leuven, same place than Interbrew.
Inbev is currently looking for, for its Leuven site, its future (m/f)
Brewing Engineer (216/015)
Supports the Benelux breweries in brewing performance linked topics (from raw materials to liquid product in bright beer tanks), as well in specific projects, improvement programs and troubleshooting processes, in order to guarantee sustainability in performance and usage of best technology, procedures and standardization, and this based on existing working methods and procedures, the Inbev culture and tools.
The field based specialist is dedicated to Benelux breweries regarding performance and general support and advice, but can also be linked to projects and topics applicable to all Western European breweries. For technical advice and specific detailed support, he can rely on the expertise of the WE – ZBS experts/specialists (‘Malting, Raw Material & Brewhouse Expert’ and ‘Fermentation & Filtration Expert’).
Duties & Responsibilities :
• supports and/or leads specific quality or technical projects and action plans to sustain and correct the quality performance in the breweries. Guarantees that quality is always respected and monitored during improvement and sustainable programs and projects in the breweries ;
• supports and/or initiate and implement specific brewing projects (Value engineering, capacity projects, decomplexity, sustainability program for new products, etc.). Gives support to co-brewing activities and audits if requested ;
• deals with the specific requests from the Call Center in frame of troubleshooting ;
• implement and/or support the introduction of proven processes according to Inbev rules, and identify Best Brewing Practices and communicate these to the organization ;
• assist in the roll out of Excellence Program procedures, recommendations and action plans ;
• act as the ZBS-Brewing single point of contact to the BNL breweries, and guarantee effective (two-way) communication between the Brewery Support department brewing and those breweries ;
• Gives and/or supports training to different levels in the breweries, and lives daily the Inbev culture by personal example, discipline and strive for continuous improvement, with the VPO-mechanisms and tools as the main basis.
• Technical University degree, Food Industry, with a Brew master or Biochemist qualification or equivalent by experience.
• Production at operational level with at least 1 to 2 years in a key position in malting and/or brewing areas
• Experienced to work in different environments and cultures.
• Experience in quality and/or process development is a plus point.
• Knowledge of current practice and technologies in malting and/or brewing industries;
• Service oriented conceptual approach
• Good leadership, communication and skills. Can convince people.
• Business ownership orientation
• An international renowned group thanks to its brands as well as to thits products quality.
• A position with responsibilities and diversified in his tasks.
• A dynamic and welcoming work environment.
• An attractive salary package in line with your skills and with your experience.